[K12OSN] Internet access restricted to some computers

Krsnendu Dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 21:08:32 UTC 2006

We access the internet through IPCOP. All computers connect to the same
gigaswitch which connects to IPCOP.
K12LTSP server and a windows xp sp1 desktop (office) can connect fine but 2
WinXP SP2 laptops cannot connect. I tried connecting using both wireless and
wired connection.

K12 and office can access modem web interface on the other side of IPCOP.
The laptops can connect to IPCop, K12 and to office (rdp connection) but
cannot directly connect to the modem on the other side of IPCOP.
When we try to ping the modem if works for K12 and office but fails for the
laptops. In IPCOP logs I can see records of office connecting to the
internet but no record of laptops connecting.

It was working fine last week. I tried rebooting IPCOP, resetting the switch
etc. Now I am not sure what to do. It seems IPCop is blocking the laptops
but I don't know what to do to fix it. I can connect to internet fine from
home with the laptop.

Can anyone point me to the right place to look for a solution. What do you
think is happening?

All help appreciated.

Krsnendu dasa