[K12OSN] Recovery of ldap db failed

Paul Lemke lists at paulandmichelle.net
Wed Aug 30 22:28:15 UTC 2006

So our school server is on a flaky UPS/power outlet or something like that
(we are fixing this...) so it's rebooting every couple of days by itself.
But the weird thing is when the server reboots itself back up and the LDAP
service tries to start... this shows up:

bdb_db_open: unclean shutdown detected; attempting recovery.
bdb_db_open: Recovery skipped in read-only mode. Run manual recovery if
errors
are encountered.

And then the server hangs and wont boot any farther. So basically the server
is stuck until I go into single user mode and do a:
"service ldap start", it then recovers itself and the ldap service is fine
then.

Is there a way I can make the database recovery actually work at the boot up
sequence? Any help is appreciated! (especially before school starts next
week...)

Thanks!!!
Paul