[K12OSN] Recovery of ldap db failed

Paul Lemke lists at paulandmichelle.net
Thu Aug 31 13:29:35 UTC 2006

By taking the "autostart" out, what do you mean? Turn off the start at boot
up? I can't do that... I have services that depend on the LDAP Service to be
up and running during boot up.

> A cron job to run every 2 minutes to "sync"
> the disks will help with boot-up by flushing disk writes often. Turn off
> the cron once the power issue is resolved.

What do you mean by flushing the disk writes often?

> Since ldap is a 99.9% read database, the startup may be hanging only
> because of a found PID file. You can add a rm to the start up that finds
> the stale PID file and deletes it.

This is a good idea. I'll go ahead and write that in.

Any other thoughts?
Paul