[K12OSN] Firefox Running Slow

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Aug 31 13:31:13 UTC 2006

On my Firefox 1.5.0.1 I find that setting under
Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Update

If someone is rolling out a new installation o K12LTSP v. 5.0, on the
server first create a dummy user and setup the default environment under
that then copy the .mozilla directory to /etc/skel/. Then create all the
other users. That way they all get the starting prefs.

The only "gotcha" is that all the plugins must be installed first (which
is going to happen anyway before it can be used...)

The best part of this is the ability to pre-populate the bookmarks.