re [K12OSN] i2o problem K12LTSP 5.0.0

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Thu Aug 31 13:44:38 UTC 2006

I googled for this earlier with similar issue.  Seems the version of the kernel included with the anaconda installer has a bug with the i20 RAID controller.  I never found a simple work-around.   There is an fc5 distro that has the fix but you have to get it via bittorrent, install and then add back in all the k12ltsp patches.  Please check the list for emails from me with a reply by Eric for details (earlier this month) https://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2006-August/msg00116.html

I chose to use software RAID (disable the i2o controller) until the anaconda installer is updated.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins