[K12OSN] adding Scsi drives to desktop

David H. Barr dhbarr at gozelle.com
Thu Aug 3 11:47:04 UTC 2006

Not sure which version of the KT6 Delta you're using (
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=474
), but it doesn't look to me like any of them have a PCI-X slot (
http://www.msi.com.tw/images/product_img/mbd_img/6590v2.0.jpg ).

So dual-channel u320 (probably 10k rpm?) drives would absolutely
saturate your PCI bus.  You -can- install a PCI SCSI card, but you
likely won't get much in the way of added value from a top-end
controller like that HP; and in fact, not all PCI-X cards will even
function on a vanilla PCI bus (although some will).

Regards,
-dhbarr.