[K12OSN] ssh keys for new server

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Aug 3 23:46:20 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 09:25 +1200, Krsnendu Dasa wrote:
> Hi all. It's me again. Please excuse my frequent posts these days. I
> am about to transistion to the newest version of K12LTSP and I don't
> want to stuff things up. I hope you don't mind.
>
> When I install K12LTSP 5.0 on my new server, is there a way to keep
> the same ssh keys that I am currently using for nx and winscp? There
> are a few teachers using these programs and it would be a bit annoying
> to have to install new keys for each of them to access the new server.
> Any tips?

User's own private keys are stored in the .ssh directory, so if you
copy the home directories or have them mounted from a machine that
doesn't change you'll already have them.  Nx uses the nx user for
the initial connection, so the same applies to ~nx which will be
/var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com