[K12OSN] RE: smbldap installer on fc5 64bit (Paul Lemke)

Paul Lemke lists at paulandmichelle.net
Fri Aug 4 01:48:25 UTC 2006

Can I get a WOOT WOOT. Apparently...
http://www.nabble.com/3.0.23-for-Debian-Sarge:-LDAP-problems-t1972556.html

Quote: "I have found the reason for the problem: Samba 3.0.23 and
3.0.23a do not parse the "passdb backend" entry in the smb.conf
correctly anymore (tested on Debian Sarge and FreeBSD 6.1).

According to the smb.conf man page, it is allowed to put the ldap
URIs in double qoutes:

    passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://ldap-1.example.com \
                  ldap://ldap-2.example.com"

This does not work for 3.0.23(a) anymore, it works as soon as you
remove the double quotes. I guess it has to do with the fact that
the use of multiple passdb backends is not supported with 3.0.23."

So I took the double quotes out of SMB.conf and it works!

Something maybe to put in a patch.
Paul