[K12OSN] teachertool

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 20:07:14 UTC 2006

On 8/6/06, Krsnendu Dasa <krsnendu108 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's my first time using teachertool. Man is it cool. I love it.

Thanks.

It took me a bit of work to get it going. I followed the instructions
> on the wiki. I found the file location and name was different. I'm
> using K12LTSP5.0

K12LTSP 5.0  comes with fl_tt. Simply

1) edit /opt/ltsp/i386/lts.conf and uncomment the "X4_MODULE_02 = vnc"
  line

2) run:

       /usr/bin/vncpasswd
       cp -R -p /root/.vnc /opt/ltsp/i386/root/

3) reboot your terminals....

In the guide it said the command was /usr/local/sbin/Fl_TeacherTool

if you install it from my source tarball that's the binary location so as
not to overwrite the binary that comes with k12ltsp.

I found I had to use /usr/sbin/fl_teachertool to make it work. i.e.

different location and no caps.

> I am not sure if it was something I did or if the documentation is a
> bit out of date.
>
> --
> Please note my new email address-
> krsnendu108 at gmail.com