[K12OSN] K12LTSP5.0 Have to hold down the power button for 3 seconds to turn off clients.

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Tue Aug 8 00:08:58 UTC 2006

Krsnendu,

The power-button issue is caused by the fact that LTSP-4.2 and the
latest version of K12LTSP are using a 2.6.x kernel, which uses acpi.
acpi configures the power button to generate an event, rather than turn
the power off immediately.

LTSP doesn't include the proper code to invoke a shutdown yet, so the
event doesn't do anything.  Holding the button for some number of
seconds causes a real power-off to happen.

We plan on adding this capability in a future version of LTSP.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org