[K12OSN] $HOME/.dmrc file is being ignored

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Aug 10 14:37:41 UTC 2006

I just built a new K12LTSP ver 5 server with /home nfs mounted from my /home
directory server and am getting the error "$HOME/.dmrc file is being ignored.
This prevents the default session and language from being saved.  File hsould
be owned by user and have 644 permissions.  User's $HOME directory must be
owned by user and not writable by other users."

Currently my /home/username folders are set with 770 permissions.  My first
thought was to follow directions and set them to 644, but I don't want other
users to be able to browse the directories.

What do I do to fix this properly?

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188