[K12OSN] smbldap-install start from scratch. Really!

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 11 16:57:33 UTC 2006

I have 'nothing to loose'.

I am still trying to get everything right.  But so far I have stepped
all over my self in retrys.

So I replaced all those rpms that I blew away their logrotates.
I have deleted the ldap dbs.
I have downloaded the LATEST install tgz, deleted the directory and
tared -xvfz again.

So perhaps I am ready for another go around.

But I want to make sure I haved deleted everything I need to.

And even then, I have those errors from the first time around to deal with.

I just rebooted.  Yumex says that everything is up to date (dag and
karanbir repos included).

system log says that slapd startup is successful, but the gnome service
config tool reports it stopped.

netfs is checked to run at startup, but its status is not indicated.

nfs is not checked to run at startup.  But nfslock is checked,  but stopped.

ncsd is running.

mysqld is not checked or running.

smbd and nmbd are up and running.

So what do I do before I kick off the script.