[K12OSN] Mouse cursor appears only for first login on console

Peter Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Sat Aug 12 14:55:33 UTC 2006

On my 5.0 test box, for which I just ran 'yum update' yesterday, after
the server has booted up, I see the mouse cursor at the gdm greeter
screen, and after I login, either as root or a regular user, I see it,
too.  But when I logout and am returned, the mouse cursor is gone.  If I
login, the cursor still doesn't appear, although it seems the mouse is
working because if I get the 'invisible cursor' over, say, a menu, and
click, the menu will drop down, and I can select items, etc.  So, the
problem is the cursor appears only for the first person to login on the
server, but no subsequent logins.  And this only happens on the server;
no such problem on any of the clients.  This is probably a FC5 issue
more than an LTSP issue, but is anyone else seeing this?  This box used
to be a K12LTSP 4.x server and it ran flawlessly.  TIA.

Petre