[K12OSN] Lingering Release Issues

Wilson Chan wilson at wilsonch.gotdns.com
Sat Aug 12 19:27:49 UTC 2006

> Issue One
>
> xf86MapVidMem: Coud no mmap framefubber (0xf5000000, 0x8000000) (Cannot
> allocate memory)

Have you tried flashing the BIOS to the newest release? This worked wonders for SJBS. :)

> Issue Two
>
> Some clients come up with the the bubbles and the new desktop.  Some do
> not.  Instead, they have desktops with no icons, and no icons can be
> added to the desktop.  A few, not all, of the clients have the courtesy
> to inform me that "The application Nautilus quit unexpectedly"
>
> These same clients will not load Firefox.  They will load Konqueror.
> They launch every other program in the applications menu.

I had the same issue with Firefox not staying alive on some clients. It turned out that the clients had bad memory or not enough memory. Try swapping out the mem with a working set to see if the problem goes away.

-Wilosn