[K12OSN] Re: Pam_ldap.secret

Jesper Berth big at santaz.dk
Sat Aug 12 20:06:38 UTC 2006

Matt Oquist wrote:

>>From: Jesper Berth <big at santaz.dk>
>>Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Pam_ldap.secret (Jesper Berth)

>>>Don't run that. Run './smbldap ldapclient'.
>>>

>>This worked on the server in first attempt, but i haven't run the
>>./smbldap ubuntuclient here
>>

>Er, you shouldn't ever have to run that on the server if you started
>with './smbldap all'.

I did install with ./smbldap all ...

I am running ubuntu 6.06 and the latest  bleeding edge version of smbldap

>>My client didn't work  i got a lot of print() on closed filehandle LOG
>>at smbldap-funcs.pm line 27
>>

>Granted, logging should fail more gracefully. Is your
>smbldap-installer directory writeable? (By root?)

I have reinstalled my ubuntu so i can't check on that

>>see a screenshot here http://www.berthit.dk/205/pic.png
>>

>Thanks!
>

>>>If the documentation site is out of date somewhere, please let me
>>>know, or, better yet, let me know you've fixed it. :)
>>>

>>the ./smbldap ubuntuclient text is here http://majen.net/smbldap/
>>

>OOPS and Sorry! Fixed now.
>
>What?!? I don't see it there... try dumping your browser cache. ;)
>

>>>Before you run 'ldapclient' since you've already done 'ubuntuclient',
>>>do this:
>>>$ apt-get remove --purge libpam-ldap libnss-ldap
>>>

>>I tried this after i did the first run of ldapclient, but that didn't
>>help i get the same print() errors again, and after a reboot i couldn't
>>login, so i am reinstalling :-)
>>It was only a test install, i will try again without running ubuntuclient
>>

>I predict that it will work fine this time, as long as root can write
>to your smbldap-installer directory.

I installed using sudo ....

It didn't work with a smbldap ldapclient

i had to copy the libnss-ldap.conf to pam_ldap.conf
make the pam_ldap.secret and chmod it to 600

And now it works perfectly :-)

Cheers
Jesper