[K12OSN] re: smbldap-install start from scratch. Really! (Robert Moskowitz)

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Mon Aug 14 04:45:29 UTC 2006

> Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:57:33 -0400
> From: "Robert Moskowitz" <rgm at htt-consult.com>
> Subject: [K12OSN] smbldap-install start from scratch.  Really!
> smbd and nmbd are up and running.
>
> So what do I do before I kick off the script.

Nothing; it's designed to work even on a totally fresh OS
installation, without *any* of the packages installed. (i.e., a "bare
bones" installation without graphics or any servers, etc.)

One of the first things the script will do is turn off smbd and nmbd.
:)

It *should* (in theory; I guess I've never tested this) work fine just
to blow away everything under /var/lib/ldap/ and run the script; all
the relevant config files will be backed up and overwritten, and a new
database will be created.

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/