[K12OSN] K12LTSP v5- What happened to Mtools?

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Aug 14 05:52:08 UTC 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, Wilson Chan wrote:

> I installed a vanilla install of K12LTSP 64bit V5 but I dont see the
> familar Mtool's that our students use to transfer their files to the
> floppy drive? Has Mtools been replaced in V5? Let me know. Thanks!

K12LTSP v5 has new-and-much-improved removable media support, thanks
to LTSP 4.2:

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/LTSP-42#New_features_of_LTSP_4_2

  * Redesigned local device support based on ltspfs and lbus. Currently,
    USB Memory sticks, USB CDRom, IDE CDrom and floppy drives are supported.
    With local devices enabled, when you insert a memory stick or a CDRom,
    an Icon appears on the desktop that is browseable. Remove the memory
    stick or CDrom, and the icon disappears.

-Eric