[K12OSN] extracting user info from Active Directory and stuffing them into LDAP?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 18:33:41 UTC 2006

Thanks to both of you for the replies!

Doug when you say I can use AD as the LDAP server are you talking about the
route where SFU is added to AD to allow auth by posix/*nix clients? I've
been looking that over. Is there a nice howto anywhere? I've found some
rather general ones.

I've been in Winbind hell so long I fear to go there again. Can you
elaborate on some of the goodies that I will be missing out on if I don't go
that route?

Thanks again!

John