[K12OSN] Lingering Release Issues

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Tue Aug 15 04:40:34 UTC 2006

Eric Harrison wrote:

> try turning on swap, with LTSP 4.2 that is:
>
>     LTSP_USE_NBD_SWAP=Y
>
> -Eric

I have added this line to my lts.conf file.  I am using K12LTSP5.  If I
have added this correctly, then all of our problems persist.  Are there
any other suggestions?

I can downgrade to 4.2, but this seems the antithesis of what we are
trying to achieve.  Adding RAM to our clients is the antithesis of what
we are trying to achieve.  In my mind, if it works in one release, it
should work in the next.  If newer releases are going to demand more
resources of the clients, then we will not be able to follow the new
releases as we advocate for the use of older computers as thin clients.

--scott