[K12OSN] yum update and smbldap

Burke Almquist balmquist at mindfirestudios.com
Tue Aug 15 12:17:02 UTC 2006

After running the smbldap installer I was able successfully bulk add
some users and get LDAP and NFS working on the new apple laptops.
Logins still are working on the windows 98 machines but after running
a yum update it seems to have broken smbldap-tools. When I go now to
add a machine to the domain or a new user I get the following.
smbldap-useradd -a -g Domain\ Users testuser
failed to perform search; No such object at /usr/lib/perl5/
vendor_perl/5.8.8/smbldap_tools.pm line 374.
Error looking for next uid at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/
smbldap_tools.pm line 1044.

Did the yum upgrade break this? Is anyone else having a similar
problem with the current version of the smbldap-tools?