[K12OSN] getting extra floppy icon on desktop when plugging in USB stick

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Aug 15 13:55:00 UTC 2006

On my 5.0 server with the nifty new LDA, when I plug-in a USB stick on the client, two
icons, rather than just one, appear on the desktop, one for the USB stick and one
labeled 'floppy', even though there is already a floppy icon on the desktop.  Most of my
clients boot using an Etherboot floppy, so having the existing floppy be there already
makes sense.  But why does plugging in a USB stick cause a second one to appear?
Looking on the LTSP wiki, it appears an Update 3 was released this past weekend, and it
sounds like one of the fixes is for just this problem.  If so, will Update 3 be
incorporated into the K12LTSP repository soon?

Petre