[K12OSN] re: power...clients won't shut off like they used to (David Trask)

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Fri Aug 18 20:31:21 UTC 2006

> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 01:04:01 -0400
> From: "David Trask" <dtrask at vcsvikings.org>
> Subject: [K12OSN] power...clients won't shut off like they used to
> I'm starting to redo my servers and have loaded K12LTSP 5.0.  One thing
> I've noticed is that under 4.x I could push the power button on my LTSP
> 150's and the client would shut down in a few seconds.....under 5.0 this
> doesn't happen....I have to hold in on the power button.  This can be a
> pain in the a** at the end of the day when I wish to shut them down....how
> can I get this function back?

I don't know what you'll find, but I'd start by looking under
/etc/acpi on the TC root filesystem and see what scripts are in there
and how they respond to events from the power/reset buttons.

That is, look under /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/acpi on your server.

That's just a starting point, of course.

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/