[K12OSN] yum update

Wilson Chan wilson at wilsonch.gotdns.com
Sun Aug 20 08:02:34 UTC 2006

> if you update all via "yum update", will that "break" some of the
> specialties of the LTSP setup - like with firefox & memory usage??

If you installed via K12LTSP v5.0 then you have nothing to worry about. Just do a yum update right away and get it up2date.

> Just installed 5.0 and seems to be working great with the exception
> of the "gnome power-management" application quiting and trying to get
> the CD-roms to get recognized.

I asked this same question earlier this week. The fix is to turn off acpid for the gnome power management error.  So, at the command prompt. Do this as root "chkconfig --level 35 acpid off"

Wilson