[K12OSN] booting imac

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Mon Aug 21 13:18:00 UTC 2006

Jim Kronebusch wrote:

> I assume with the 1998 vintage info you are talking about you have
> an iMac
> Bondi.  They come with 233Mhz processors and 64MB RAM.  You can up
> the ram but
> the standard config works great as a thin client. You'll just find
> yourself
> swapping the damn single button mouse out for a 2 button about 5
> minutes after
> you boot it.  Apple still thinks their users are too stupid to
> handle more
> than one button, annoying.

If you're running Linux or Windows, yes, you'll want a 2/3 button
mouse. But OS X just has a really nice user interface. I use a Mac
everyday (great little sysadmin machines) and if I ever need a
context menu (rarely) ctrl+tap does the job just fine. I really don't
need a second mouse button in OS X. But oh well, let's stop the
flamewar right here and now: they released the Mighty Mouse some time
ago, didn't they? :o)

Nils Breunese.