[K12OSN] Re: Mounting SAMBA shares on a Linux workstation (Petre Scheie)

Bert Rolston bert.rolston at clear.net.nz
Mon Aug 21 23:51:44 UTC 2006

Hi Petre and the rest of the list,

Here's the other crazy part of the problem.

I can access all of the shares by using KONQUEROR. As soon as I click on
the SAMBA server it asks me for a login name and password. All is fine
from that point on.
The down side is Konqueror won't let me mount samba shares into my local
FS.

All I want it to start Open Office, GIMP and any other app that doesn't
use Konqueror to browse the filesystem, then access files from the
server as if they were on the local machine!

Sad to say, but at this point in time it has been easier to access files
on a SAMBA server using a W2K fat client. :-(

Cheers,
Bert