[K12OSN] Problem with memory on client

David Ackerman dackerman at apnts.org
Tue Aug 22 08:11:44 UTC 2006

We have some Neoware Eon 3000 clients we want to deploy at our school.  Some
work with K12ltsp and some do not.  What we found is that those with 64 mb
ram will boot from K12ltsp server and those with only 32 mb will not get
past the login screen (which just reappears after user attempts to login).
The 32 mb ram ones work with Ubuntu and LTSP 4.2

There must be some option to get the ones with lower ram to boot since they
worked with Ubuntu before.  We cannot very easily get more ram for these,
and they are a nice option for us.

Any ideas?

David