[K12OSN] Problem with memory on client

David Ackerman dackerman at apnts.org
Wed Aug 23 05:02:41 UTC 2006

Which of the following would I need to do?

USE_NBD_SWAP  =  Y

OR

SWAPFILE_SIZE  =  48m (or some other number)

Would it be better to do this for specific clients that do not have enough
ram since others are working fine?

[MAC Address]
SWAPFILE_SIZE = 48m

Thanks.

> We have some Neoware Eon 3000 clients we want to deploy at our school.
Some
> work with K12ltsp and some do not.  What we found is that those with 64 mb
> ram will boot from K12ltsp server and those with only 32 mb will not get
> past the login screen (which just reappears after user attempts to login).
> The 32 mb ram ones work with Ubuntu and LTSP 4.2
>
> There must be some option to get the ones with lower ram to boot since
they
> worked with Ubuntu before.  We cannot very easily get more ram for these,
> and they are a nice option for us.

use swap option in lts.conf to add swap memory to these terminals.

--
Regards,
Sudev Barar