[K12OSN] Getting MPlayer installed

Dan Young dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Aug 23 16:29:58 UTC 2006

Petre Scheie wrote:
> Dan Young wrote:
>> John P. Conlon wrote:
>>> I'm running K12LTSP FC5 in a home brew server that has an AMD 1ghz 32
>>> bit processor and 1.5 gig of RAM.
>>>
>>> I have been trying to install MPlayer in my server for several days and
>>> I'm constantly running into version and missing file problems.   It also
>>> seems that every time I download an rpm file which I thought should have
>>> everything needed to make this work I've been proved wrong.
>>>
>>> Can someone give me an exact listing of which files and versions I need
>>> to use to get this critter up and running?  Where to find these files
>>> would be extremely helpful also.
>>
>> Read:
>> http://rpm.livna.org/faq.html
>>
>> Do:
>> rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm
>> yum install mplayer
>>
> Is it just me, or is the livna repo included with K12LTSP but disabled
> by default?  I think I noticed this a few releases back, and have just
> gotten in the habit of enabling it after I install the system.  But I've
> never seen any discussion about it.

[dyoung at ltsp ~]$ rpm -qf /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo
k12ltsp-release-5.0.0-0d

Yeah, it is there. I'm sure Eric can elaborate on his reasoning later.
The software in there is somewhat legally gray for people in the US.

So if the repo is present, but disabled:
yum --enablerepo=livna install mplayer

--
Dan Young <dyoung at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services