[K12OSN] Getting MPlayer installed

Calvin Dodge caldodge at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 16:34:56 UTC 2006

On 8/24/06, jconlon1 at elp.rr.com <jconlon1 at elp.rr.com> wrote:
> Isent a follow up to Calvin about the error messages I received when I
> followed his procedure.  I'll want to wait for his response but I have
> looked at your information and will try it if Calvin doesn't have a cure
> for me.

I think I forgot to echo that followup to the group.

The issue is that the ATrpms folks have apparently moved their GPG key
to a different URL.

So the at.repo line beginning with "gpgkey=" should have been changed to:

gpgkey=http://www.atrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms

Petre mentioned the livna repo being disabled by default.  Due to
conflicts between different 3rd party RPM sites (and the occasional
update naughtiness from k12ltsp (wiping out my named.conf and host
files is a big nono)), I disable all my add-on repos by default, then
manually update just the packages from those sites.  For example,
when I want to update my MythTV stuff from ATrpms, I run the following
one-liner:

yum --enablerepo=at-stable -y update $(rpm -qa --queryformat "%{NAME}
%{VENDOR}\n"|grep ATrpms|cut -d ' ' -f 1)

which means
1) List all packages by name and vendor (rpm)
2) Grab only the packages with ATrpms as the vendor (grep)
3) extract the package names (cut)
4) tell yum to update just those packages

Calvin