[K12OSN] Getting MPlayer installed

jconlon1 at elp.rr.com jconlon1 at elp.rr.com
Fri Aug 25 19:54:01 UTC 2006

I ran mplayer in terminal and this is the output.  It looks like to me
that something must be missing.

Thanks
Pat

[root at server ~]# gmplayer %f
MPlayer 1.0pre8-4.1.1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) processor (Family: 6, Model: 4, Stepping: 2)

93 audio & 211 video codecs
Opening joystick device /dev/input/js0
Can't open joystick device /dev/input/js0: No such file or directory
Can't init input joystick
Setting up LIRC support...
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support.
You will not be able to use your remote control.
[skin] file ( /usr/share/mplayer/Skin/default/skin ) not found.
Skin not found (default).