[ok-mail] Re: [K12OSN] Adobe Plugin in K12LTSP 5.0.0

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Sat Aug 26 12:50:30 UTC 2006

John Hansknecht wrote:

> On Friday 25 August 2006 08:16, Nils Breunese wrote:
>> If you installed the same package as mentioned on http://
>> www.fedorafaq.org/#pdf maybe you need to do something like this:
>>
>> ln -s /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so /usr/
>> lib/mozilla/plugins/
>>
>> It could be that your nppdf.so is located somewhere else.
>>

> OK, I used the install Acrobat Reader tool from the desktop of
> root, and when
> I check it appears that  ln
> -s /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so /usr/ is
> not
> there. Is this a bug in K12LTSP 5.0? Did Adobe change the default
> install
> location? Or??

I don't have a K12LTSP 5.0 server to check what package you
installed, but I also think you didn't understand me completely.
Everything from ln -s to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ is one command and
is not something that can be 'not there'. That command symlinks the
nppdf.so file from the Adobe Reader package into Mozilla's plugin
directory so your webbrowser can use it. I'm guessing that the
nppdf.so file is not in the same location I posted in this example
command. Maybe someone who has a K12LTSP 5.0 server at hand can tell
you where to find th nppdf.so file. Or you can use find (or locate
after running updatedb) to locate the nppdf.so file. If you know the
package name you can use "rpm -ql <packagename> | grep nppdf.so" to
find the location.

Nils Breunese.