[K12OSN] Sluggish response at 10 users

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Sun Aug 27 01:53:00 UTC 2006

The tech coordinator at NCS has relayed to me that the systems are very very sluggish once around 10 users are on the system.  These are dual Xeons with 4Gb memory.  They have been very responsive with FC4 and prior.  (It was not unusual to have 30-50 clients per server at any given time.)  The only thing I have noticed (when I was there in the evening) is that firefox is taking alot of the cpu for some users.

At this point, we are very happy with local devices, but somewhat disheartened with the other issues that have come up.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School