[K12OSN] advice needed re: GPL, creative commons etc

john lists.john at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 16:13:20 UTC 2006

Hi all,

One of the programs at our School District has worked with a developer to
create an online database using FileMaker Pro. The database is an online
tool used to track portfolios for independent study students and match them
against state ELARS. We'd like to share this database with others by making
it available for download on our website. Folks who used it would also need
to have a copy of FileMaker Pro. My question is can we release the database
under the GPL or Creative Commons without violating the terms of the FMP
license? Or should we just throw it out there as "freeware"?

Thanks for your opinions on this.

John