[K12OSN] Removing Shutdown and Restart from Login Screen

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Tue Aug 29 14:36:32 UTC 2006

Scott-

I know the following advice is going to seem counter-intuitive, but
trust me on this:

To remove shutdown, go into:

System > Administration > Login Screen (the gdmsetup gdm front-end)

and where you see "Show Actions Menu" on the General tab, unclick it.

Then, logout and log back in.  Your ability to shutdown/restart should
be removed in *Gnome* as well as GDM.  They are connected.

HTH,

-Gideon