[K12OSN] Ubuntu & Edubuntu : Canonical Education Programme Manager - Personal Introduction

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Aug 30 22:13:00 UTC 2006

Mel Wade wrote:
> How does this relate to the K12LSTP?
>
> Mel

K12LTSP and Edubuntu are closely related.

Dig through the list archives if you want to see the long, cooperative
history between the two projects.

The basic summary is that several of the K12LTSP developers worked with
the Ubuntu developers to design the first version of Edubuntu. There is
a lot of technical feedback between K12LTSP/LTSP/Edubuntu.

Beyond any technical aspects, the communities are extremely similar. As
Richard notes, there are a lot of issues of mutual interest or impact.

-Eric