[K12OSN] Firefox Running Slow

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Thu Aug 31 02:05:38 UTC 2006

Yes...I have noticed this....I run Samba/LDAP for centralized
authentication....and use DHCP failover/Load balancing to run two servers
for K12LTSP v5.  I have also noticed the significant delay in launching
firefox....I attributed much of it to Day one first time launches, but
maybe there's more to it.  I'll check into it more tomorrow.

"Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:
>Has anyone noticed this as well?
>
>I should point out that all servers use the same version of Firefox. We
>use a seperate repository to ensure all servers have the same version of
>Linux packages.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School