[K12OSN] NIC bonding issue...

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Thu Aug 31 15:06:49 UTC 2006

I'm getting the following error spammed at my console.

bonding: error: found client with no channel in the client's hash table

anyone experienced this? I've found only 1 other post with this problem
on the web and the 1 lone response was maybe 'SLAVE=yes' had not been
set..but in my config files it has always been set.

my ifcfg-bond0, ifcfg-eth0, and ifcfg-eth1 are as follows:

IFCFG-BOND0:

DEVICE=bond0
IPADDR=192.168.0.254
NETWORK=192.168.0.0
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
USERCTL=no

IFCFG-ETH0:

# Intel Corp.|82546EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=yes
USERCTL=no

IFCFG-ETH1:

# Intel Corp.|82546EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
MASTER=bond0