[K12OSN] Squid and Exclusion List

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Dec 1 15:58:37 UTC 2006

Ryan Hackl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Squid is working great, but now I need to add a website that won't
> work if squid is "on".  I've tried adding it to the acl, but no
> success yet.
>
> Therefore, what is the correct syntax so I can 'exclude' a certain
> server from being included in the squid's cache?
>
> Thanks (again)
>
> - Ryan

The first thing that comes to mind is transparent proxying - you can
just skip it for some sites.

If you want to not transparently proxy the 12.34.56.0/24 network, for
example, this command will do it:

  /sbin/iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -d 12.34.56.0/24 -j RETURN

You can append this to /etc/rc.local

If I remember correctly, this is the syntax for the
/etc/squid/squid.conf ACL:

  acl somewhere dstdomain somewhere.com
  no_cache deny somewhere

-Eric