[K12OSN] How-tos on configuring K12LTSP logons to Active Directory

Tom Wolfe twolfe at sawback.com
Tue Dec 5 07:39:07 UTC 2006

Paul, that how-to is great (an excellent improvement over my "step 1") but
it's missing what for me is the most important, which is automagically
mounting and creating a link to the users' data directories on the windows
file servers (my "step 2" and "step 3"). Have you had success with this
and if so have you made a how-to?

At the moment I have everything working great, but have a sole remaining
problem in that adding pam_mount.so to my session list in system-auth
results in a "reenter password" prompt at all logins (graphical, console,
etc.). I can't for the life of me figure out why and how to fix this.

relevant line from system-auth:

session		required	pam_mount.so

--> when this is commented out, I only have to enter the password once;
when it is active I need to enter the password twice. I've tried changing
"required" to optional, etc., and tried changing its position, but to no
avail.

Any ideas out there? I'm sure someone has been through this before...

Regards,
Tom Wolfe