[K12OSN] Disabling screen saver?

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Dec 8 14:21:42 UTC 2006

To turn off the password lock on the screensaver, install the gconf-editor ('yum install
gconf-editor').  Then, in gconf-editor, go to apps->gnome-screensaver, uncheck
'lock_enabled'.  Then, right-click on lock_enabled and choose 'mandatory' to force this
change on all users.  If you make it 'default' it will set it that way as the default,
but it won't prevent some smart-alec kid from turning the lock on his screensaver back
on; 'mandatory' prevents this.

To remotely logout users, run fl_teachertool.  Note that you have to do a tiny bit of
configuration to allow anyone other than root to logout users.  Google for teachertool
and you'll get Robert Arkiletian's page that includes the steps to set that up (he wrote
it).

Petre