[K12OSN] DHCP and PXE with two different Class of IP

Bert Rolston bert.rolston at clear.net.nz
Sat Dec 9 07:27:46 UTC 2006

Hi David,

That's the kicker.

The K12LTSP internal nic WILL be on the same physical network as the MS
Class B dhcp server.

My gut instinct is to modify K12LTSP to work with the CLASS B
addresses.

In other words let the MS DHCP server dish out the addresses. BUT as I
have read here in the past, this poses a problem with redirecting PXE
requests to the K12LTSP server. Or has this issue been resolved?

Bearing in mind I might not be allowed to make changes to the MS DHCP
server, I was looking for an alternative.

Unfortunately, the terminals will be spread ALL OVER campus, not in a
single lab where I could throw in another switch and repatch the lab
machines onto that switch. :-(

So if anyone has run into a similar situation I would appreciates some
pointers.

At this stage I don't even know the full layout of the network.

Thanks again David,
and the list.

Bert Rolston