[K12OSN] K12LTSP Installation Westmont High School

Bruce Anderson bruce.g.anderson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 20:22:49 UTC 2006

I think I did a pretty default installation of K12LTSP version 4.4.1 from
CDs on a VALinux 1220 (dual 800 MHz PIIIs with 2048MB and two 18 GB scsci
drives).

I installed an Aopen AON-325 network card from DisklessWorkstations.com on a
VALinux 420 (700 MHz Celeron).

It takes my new LTSP server a long time to boot -- there are various
messages that the BIOS is too old, MPBIOS bug, agpgart: unable to determine
aperture size, etc., -- it spends a long time at TFTP ..... and says PXE-E32
TFTP open timeout -- but it finally boots linux and all
the indicators are OK and green.

On the server, tail -f messages displays repeated DHCPDISCOVERS and
DHCPOFFERS while the client says it is "Searching for server (DHCP)..."

I added a next-server line to the default dhcpd.conf -- it didn't seem to
make any difference.

Attached are dhcpd.conf, dmesg, and messages.

Thanks,

Bruce Anderson
Room 44
Westmont High School