[K12OSN] off topic - Internet Access Authentication

Ray Garza ray at mission.lib.tx.us
Mon Dec 11 23:04:30 UTC 2006

Hello Everyone,

This one is off topic but it may be useful to those that work in public
libraries.

I need to authenticate users trying to gain access to the Internet. We have a
mixture of linux and windows with windows having generic workstation logons.
What I would like to see is a patron goto a computer loads up IE or any
browser and the firstthing they see is a logon screen. They will not be able
to browse anywhere until they are authenticated.

I've looked at NoCatAuth but was unable to get it working and development
seems to have stopped. Any ideas as how this could be implemented?

Thanks,

Ray