[K12OSN] Kill all your users

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Dec 14 19:33:32 UTC 2006

If you're going to use David's script, put the script in, say, /usr/local/bin/ and then
use root's crontab to run it every night at 10pm or whenever.  Otherwise, following
Chuck's approach, you could put

pkill -u $LOGNAME

in /etc/gdm/PostSession/Default (he may be putting it in a different file; Chuck?) and
it will run the command when the user logs out.  I suggest testing this on a
non-production server because I can invision it killing itself before completely
cleaning up after the user's session and thus leaving some temp files lying around
unnecessarily.

Petre