[K12OSN] fl_teachertool monitor- control blank screen

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Dec 16 15:53:56 UTC 2006

Hello All,

Fresh install of K12LTSP v5. I've used fl_teachertool since first version.
I tried enabling the Monitor/Control part of fl_teachertool[0.34] per the
/usr/share/docs/fl_teachertool/install.txt. I changed the path for the
"sudoers" from the documented /usr/local/bin/Fl_TeacherTool to
usr/sbin/fl_teachertool to coincide with the rpm install of
fl_teachertool.
Problem: When i try and either Monitor or Control a client machine (as
root) from server or another workstation i get a blank/black screeen on
TightVNC.
I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this,as far as doing a "ps
aux>something",,or whatever. I dont see any weird errors in system
messages either.
Do i need to restart the server for the changes i added in the
/opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
X4_MODULE_02 = vnc
( I have not restarted server since this update.)
also i did remeber to :
/usr/bin/vncpasswd
cp -R -p /root/.vnc /opt/ltsp/i386/root/

ROBARK to the rescue please,,,:)

Thanks,

Barry Cisna