[K12OSN] Image creation software

Shane Sammons shane.sammons at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 16:57:09 UTC 2006

yeah I used G4U and its (I beleive) TFTP ability on a bunch of old 233 and
up systems and I loved it (but it was very slow...which tends to happen with
30 systems all connecting to 1 10/100 NIC in a P3 700 server :P). I found
that Acronis which I like and sounds just as similar to that for mentioned
r-drive. Prior to all that I would use Symatec Ghost and pop drives in and
out or spanned an image across CDs.

Since we are going to stop with floppies, and I hate doing drives 1 by 1, I
have been wanted to find a good "free" network based system. So I will have
to try that G4L and if that doesn't work perhaps I can get our Tech.
Coordinator to purchase something OR better yet donate to like a G4L or G4U
to allow development to go further.

Thanks all!