[K12OSN] smb/ldap woes..

Huck dhuckaby at hvja.org
Thu Dec 21 22:24:33 UTC 2006

didn't find any ldap logs in /var/log...not sure where those go to...
but smbpasswd -w <myldappasswd> did the trick...

Now to get permissions setup...as the 'home' directory was unaccessible
due to rights :)

Yay, thanks!

And as an add-on...the registry hack still needs to be done on XP Pro
systems:

*[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]*

*"requirestrongkey"=dword:00000000*

*"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000*

*[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]*

*"requirestrongkey"=dword:00000000*

*"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000*

*[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]*