[K12OSN] Problems with the esd+ALSA hack

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Thu Dec 21 23:30:58 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

I recently installed this
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/WorkInProgress#esd_ALSA_sound_on_LTSP_4_2
to try to alleviate some choppy audio issues.  Audio does seem smoother
while playing games, but not when scrolling web pages (with audio in the
background).  The big, huge dealbreaker problem is that now I've lost
Flash sound.  (Another hard-fought battle involving installing the beta
9 plugin and some hacks I can't even remember right now.)

Can someone suggest a way to get Flash audio back
 with the esd+ALSA hack?
Otherwise I'm going to have to roll back.

Merry X-Mas.

ck