Re: [K12OSN] Hardware question where the newest K12LTSP is being used

John P. Conlon wrote:
My current server is a home made affair that has a 1GHz AMD processor in it. I was recently given a newer box that has an Intel 2.2GHz processor in it. Can I move the hard drive from the AMD machine to the Intel machine without having to re-install everything or loosing my students' folders and files?

Thanks in advance
Pat

With processors, the only time you really run into problems is if you are doing a major hardware downgrade. Moving from a 64bit AMD Opteron to an Intel P4, for example. Or moving from a P4 to a 386 or 486.

I would expect moving from a 1GHz AMD (32bit Athlon, I'd guess) to a P4 2.2GHz would work without a problem.

-Eric