[K12OSN] Hardware question where the newest K12LTSP is being used

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 06:20:34 UTC 2006

On 12/3/06, John P. Conlon <jconlon1 at elp.rr.com> wrote:
> I did leave out some data didn't I.  The AMD is indeed an Athalon but
> all I really know about the Intel is that it is a faster processor and
> uses the edge socket style what ever that is.
> Thanks
> Pat

The socket type doesn't matter. Chances are you are probably using the
athlon in 32 bit mode. So going to the intel will be fine. Most newer
intels support 64bit anyway. This is one of the nice benefits of using
linux I discovered when I first got into it. You can move hard drives
from one machine to another without too much problem since the drivers
are in the kernel. Try doing that with a Windoze box. Your product
activation will choke (Geniune Disadvantage will fail) not to mention
Registry and Driver Hell. That's when you would have to do a complete
re-install.